For spring break this year, I went on a cruise with a bunch of my friends (which will definitely end up turning into a vlog on my YouTube channel, so stay tuned for that). Anyways, for anyone else going on a cruise soon, I decided that a post about what I’m packing might be helpful!
First things first: check the cruise website
I’m giving you guys a full rundown of what I’m packing, but your cruise may require something different. For example, for my cruise, the five dinners are split in regards to dress code. There are 2 casual nights, 2 smart casual nights, and 1 formal night. That affected the clothes I chose to bring. So check your cruise’s packing list, and make sure you’re dressed properly for each of those nights!
What I packed
So, as a general disclaimer (and one that I include on basically every one of my packing posts), I overpack. I just generally prefer to air on the side of bringing too much rather than bringing too little, especially when I don’t have easy access to a washing machine.
For daytime, I packed…
- 5 swimsuits
- 4 tops
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 romper
For dinners, I packed…
- 2 jumpsuits (1 formal, 1 smart casual)
- 1 maxi dress
- 1 dress
- 1 skirt and a cute top
Because I do like to be overly prepared, I also threw in a few extra items – namely, a pair of black jeans, 2 bralette/tank combos, and a bodysuit. This is just in case I end up wanting to wear multiple outfits during the day or change into something more casual-cute after dinner. I also threw in some pajamas and a few workout outfits.
- Toiletries (obviously)
- Shoes (tennis shoes, Chacos, wedges, and sandals)
- Hangers (sharing a room with 3 other people, so there definitely won’t be enough provided)
- An extra beach towel/blanket
- Tech stuff (iPad, AirPods, all that good stuff – don’t forget the chargers!)
- Passport (SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT if you’re going somewhere outside the United States)
- First aid kit – will likely come in handy if you’re injury prone and/or have friends who enjoy doing stupid things (both apply to me)
And that’s it! I think I ended up bringing just the right amount of stuff, and I can’t really think of anything that I forgot and that I wish I’d brought with me.